Senior Day Services and Telespond Senior Services Inc. provide life enriching services to older adults and their families on both a community-wide and individual basis.
Through our mission we:
- Provide high quality community based care to older adults and caregivers
- Enhance the well-being of older adults by promoting independent living
- Provide low-cost alternatives to institutionalized care
- Work cooperatively with other service providers to improve the efficient, effective delivery of needed programs
Senior Day Services is a Telespond Senior Services, Inc. Company which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation established in 1974 in the City of Scranton, Pennsylvania. We typically serve individuals 55 years of age and older and include:
- Individuals who are physically or cognitively impaired and unable to perform their activities of daily living (ADLs) independently
- People with chronic health problems that require regular health or medical supervision
- Adults newly discharged from acute care hospital or rehabilitation center
The initial phase of our organization’s development was centered on activity programs for older adults but the organization soon became a focal point for senior citizens who were experiencing difficulties or facing a crisis. Services were then and are now designed to promote the goal of independent living (staying in their homes) by providing education and both in-home and on-site care programs for the elderly population.
Senior Day Services is presently involved in developing, refining, and providing services to address the many and changing needs of older adults in the community. We also assist their primary caregivers by providing transportation, on-site medical model daily living services (day-care), extensive in-home volunteer services, two senior centers, and personal care services. Our services support the population aged 55 years old and beyond in Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties in Pennsylvania.
We are hands-on with our clients. Our staff and volunteers are assisting our clients with daily living activities and by doing so provide their respective caregivers with much needed relief. With our Senior Companion Care program alone we are engaging over 220,000 hours annually with people whom are 55 years old and older. This includes activities such as dressing, shopping, errands, light house cleaning, eating, and other social activities.
President and CEO
Director of Adult Day Care and In-home Personal Care Operations
Activities and Transportation Coordinator
Karen St. Ledger
Client Care Manager
Director of Senior Companion Program
Coordinator of Senior Companion Program
Mary Ann Antinnes
Registered Nurse Coordinator Waiver Program
Registered Nurse Coordinator
Director of Senior Community Centers
Board of Directors
Honorable Andrew Jarbola
Ann Marie Liberty