If you enjoy interacting with seniors, join us for just an hour or for a whole day. You can volunteer your time every day, once a week, once a month or once a year. We also invite volunteers who can play the piano, sing or have other talents to share.
Telespond Senior Services’ Volunteers can:
- Assist staff with arts and crafts projects
- Participate in group activities
- Read to our seniors
- Share their talents with the group
- Bring their children — seniors love them!
- Assist with Bingo, Bunco, cards and various table games
- Show slides/videos of vacations and trips
- Help with lunch set up and clean up
Telespond Senior Services welcomes volunteers who are attuned to the elderly, enjoy their company and appreciate the wisdom that only age and experience can bring. Whether you participate a little or a lot, your donation of time or supplies is greatly appreciated.
To explore volunteer opportunities, please contact the Day Center at this number: (570) 346-7860
If you are 55 years or older, you might be interested in our Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent opportunities. Those who volunteer with either program are eligible for mileage reimbursement and a small tax-free stipend. Senior Companions have the joy of connecting with other seniors in the community, and Foster Grandparents play a valued role in the life of a child in need.