If you enjoy interacting with seniors, join us for just an hour or for a whole day. You can volunteer your time every day, once a week, once a month or once a year. We also invite volunteers who can play the piano, sing or have other talents to share.
Senior Day Services’ Volunteers can:
- Assist staff with arts and crafts projects
- Participate in group activities
- Read to our seniors
- Share their talents with the group
- Bring their children — seniors love them!
- Assist with Bingo, Bunco, cards and various table games
- Show slides/videos of vacations and trips
- Help with lunch set up and clean up
Senior Day Services welcomes volunteers who are attuned to the elderly, enjoy their company and appreciate the wisdom that only age and experience can bring. Whether you participate a little or a lot, your donation of time or supplies is greatly appreciated.
To explore volunteer opportunities, please contact Mary Lynn Byers, Activities Director.
Phone: (570) 346-7860
If you are 55 years or older, you might be interested in our Senior Companion Volunteer opportunities. Senior Companions are eligible for mileage reimbursement, a small tax-free stipend and have the joy of connecting with other seniors in the community.